Thursday, December 19, 2019

CHAPTER 5 : HUMAN RELATIONS SKILLS AND EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION

SELF ASSESSMENT 1

Describe the behaviors that you will modify after reading the following sections. 

Non-verbal communication section:

Behavior 1:
- For facial expressions that express sadness, anger, happiness. Eagerness as well as sincerity. I need to modify my facial expression which is I need to smile more because most of them thought I was angry due to my serious face.

Behavior 2:
- For para linguistics that refer to the tone, loudness, pitch as well as quality of the voice which are separated from the actual language. I need to modify my para linguistics which is I need to be more calm when talking with others.

Texting etiquette section:

Behavior 1: 
- My tone which is I need to check on the tone of the message because my text may sound harsher that I intend.

Behavior 2:
- Never send bad news via text because it is difficult to know what tone that I giving off in a text message.

SELF ASSESSMENT

It's a Monday morning . You have identified and listed all the things you need to do for this week. You arrived early for work and you are sipping your coffee while going through your to-do list. Your colleague, who does not believe in planning and enjoys impromptu activities all the way, gives snickering remarks about your tidiness. Write your response to the remarks based on the communication styles mentioned below.

Passive communication
- I will try to settle the works as I will make sure that my friends satisfies with the work.

Aggressive communication
- I would speak to my friends by speaking in loud and maintaining intense eye contact. 

Assertive communication
- I will tell the person if I saw the person behavior was terrible but it indicates ownership of feelings.

Passive-aggressive communication
- When I would Like to give some advice, I will likely to communicate with body language or a lack of open communication to another person.










 

No comments:

Post a Comment